Friday, November 11, 2011

UI Design Implementation

I spent this past week working on getting concrete implementations of the UI, to show what the design direction will look like. There are still two more pages that I need to layout. One is the nutrition information pane, which will require a good plan for formatting all the non-standard nutrition data (ie. the nutrients that aren't on every nutrition label but are on some). The other is a nutrition preview page. This was suggested by Eliot, that I should have a way to preview how a particular food item will affect the days nutritional intake. This will likely look similar to the "today's nutrition" page shown below, but will need to have a way to take into account that some of the information is temporary. I would like for that to look like a stacked bar graph, such that at the end of each bar showing the nutrition percentage, you will also see the portion the corresponds to the planned food item shown in a different color. Right now, I have the bars implemented as progress bars, so I will need to come up with my own implementation most likely from scratch in order to get this to work.

This coming week, I plan on getting the food input added in. This will mean that I will need to be able to look up a food item from the database, and add it into a database log with all of the days food. I will also aim to have the today's nutrition, and today's meal pages accurate portray what you have eaten today.




No comments:

Post a Comment