Sunday, November 20, 2011

Setting Up the Local User Database

I've finally set up the user database for the app. Now you can chose the food that you have eaten, and it will actually be stored (though in the emulator the saved data only lasts for the duration that the emulator is open [I can still debug multiple times though]). I still haven't setup the food to get added in with a date, so the today's meals pivot lists all food that has been entered into the database right now. Adding in multiple dates should be trivial (just tedious). I will just need to make a change to the query that searches for any meal that matches the current date.



This week I'm going to work out the UPC (barcode) lookup. I am going to need to scrape a webpage into my database which hopefully shouldnt take too long. Then I will use a barcode scanner library for reading. I will probably not have a UI for this by the end of the week, but hopefully I can at least be able to lookup a product by its UPC.

No comments:

Post a Comment